Sunday, October 17, 2010

Obsessed with These Fashions

I have never been a huge follower of fashion trends. I'm never super up-to-date on the ever-changing fads of the runway. However, when I first saw these next two styles, I thought I might give it a go.

Style Number One
Shirt tucked into short combination. You should have seen my face when I first saw girls walking around the their shirts tucked into their shorts. I thought, how old fashion, that trend will never catch on. I was wrong. It's more popular than ever. I'd say there are a certain percentage who can pull this look off and I decided to try. What really drew me to this combination is the fact that I already had the items I needed. Here's what I came up with (I feel the need for a belt, however I didn't bring any with me. Gotta get one soon):

Note: I have found, through trying on many different combinations. Chose shorts that aren't worn
out and ratty with holes and distressed pockets. It doesn't match the style you're going for. Also, when choosing a shirt, here I tried a looser fitting tank and it worked. But I personally think it looks good with a tight tank or long sleeve v-neck too. I'm not one for the boots on the girl above, but i think she pulls it off well.

Style Number Two
This one is similar to the first but it's a skirt. I think this is adorable. I first spotted it at church and at first glance I thought it was a dress. BUT at closer evaluation, I saw that it was a shirt paired with a skirt with a tight band in the middle, giving it the illusion of a dress. What made me especially excited for this look was the fact that I could mix and match my shirts and skirts to make a bunch of cute combinations. I don't own a lot of skirts and I was not thrilled to run out and buy one. However, my roommate's mom bought her an adorable floral printed skirt that was perfect for this look and I asked to borrow it to experiment. Here's what I came up with:

Now, for this look, I have found that it looks best with a loose, printed skirt and a tight fitting tank, v-neck short sleeve short, or any long sleeve shirt. Pairing a flowy skirt with a flowy shirt just doesn't do it for me. And you can use a solid skirt with a striped or patterned shirt if you so choose. So there are lots of combinations. I chose some short camel-colored cowgirl boots to complete my look, but there are many types of shoes you can choose to fit the occasion. Wear heels to dress it up (above) or some flats/sandals to dress it down.

2 comments:

  1. you look like your sister in the 2nd pic... like a total omgosh! You're so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks megan! :] i think my sister is gorgeous so that is a total complimentt.

    ReplyDelete