Monday, October 25, 2010

Penciling In


Today I took a good hard look at my very messy planner page for this week. It's a blur of colors, times, arrows, X's, and plans I've made. I took a big long breath in and out to brace myself for this week to come. As my life goes on I find myself getting busier and busier. Not that I should really complain, because as my family knows I'm one that loves to keep myself busy and moving nonstop. I do enjoy the occasional downtime but for the most part, I don't like just laying around doing nothing.

Literally just 10 minutes ago, with agenda planner and pen in hand, I walked over to my roommate's room and sat down and said, "OK, let's figure out when to carve pumpkins." Which is so sad that I have to pencil a specific time in. Not because I'm an obsessive compulsive planner, but because I fear I will accidentally book myself up and not have time to do it. So while it make seem ridiculous to have "carve pumpkins" in my agenda, I have found that it is the best way to do it. Especially if you have the tendency to over-book yourself.

I don't ALWAYS highlight like I did below, but sometimes it helps to draw my attention to something I might have missed.

Work is really crazy this week and so that will take up a big portion of my time but I know that it's worth it and I am extremely greatful to have a job in this terrible economic times. So I keep my head up and I think positive thoughts because complaining never gets anyone anywhere.

With that being said, I thought you might enjoy an actual picture of my agenda planner for this week of October 25th-30th.

Here's a color key:
Pink = School-related things
Green = Work Schedule
Orange = Any extra fun
As you can see, it's not all required stuff that I jam my life with. And I don't let school take over my life. I get my work done early so that I can get stuff done that is more enjoyable during the rest of the week. I learned this the hard way from last year and being a procrastinator. However, I do still let assignments sneak past me and I end up scrambling.

All in all, this was really just a reflection of my life and me telling myself how much I enjoy it and how much I really love the people who are in it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment